The 9 Best Natural Ways to Combat Arthritis Pain
- Arthritis is a common condition affecting more than 50 million individuals in the United States alone that can significantly inhibit our activity and prevent us from doing what we love.
- Apart from joint stiffness and reduced mobility, it can cause a dull yet constant debilitating pain and swelling that can reduce the enjoyment out of any activity.
- Arthritis can come in many forms, affect almost all ages, and have many causes.
- While most of the time you might have to take anti-inflammatories and other medication, many natural remedies can provide significant symptom relief.
There are more than a hundred distinct forms of arthritis in the medical world, but the most common is osteoarthritis. The primary causes include the breakdown of our cartilages from normal wear and tear occurring with age. Common types of osteoarthritis affect the knees, hips, and shoulders. Rheumatoid arthritis, on the other hand, is an autoimmune disorder that can also have systemic effects, affecting other parts of the body.
While many top-rated joint pain supplements provide significant pain relief and swelling and stiffness reduction, there are numerous natural remedies you can try first and then decide if you want to step up with a supplement.
Stay tuned for an in-depth guide on the top natural arthritis pain relievers.
What Is the Best Treatment for Arthritis Pain?
If you’re experiencing symptoms of arthritis, a medical professional will be able to diagnose the condition and propose an adequate treatment plan.
Treatment usually involves NSAIDs or sometimes steroids, which will alleviate pain and reduce the swelling by fighting inflammation. For more complicated forms of arthritis, such as the autoimmune ones, you may be prescribed the so-called disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs and biologic response modifiers.
Nevertheless, an integral part of addressing arthritis symptoms involves certain lifestyle changes, exercises for joint pain, and home remedies.
Top 9 Ways to Get Relief from Arthritis Pain Naturally
- Stay Physically Active. It may sound counterintuitive for many, but regular physical activity is almost obligatory for relieving arthritis symptoms. Exercises for joint painwill lubricate your joints to reduce stiffness and grow your muscles to build stamina and strength.
We’re talking low-impact exercises, such as walking, cycling, swimming, and water aerobics. These activities will be easy on your joints while still allowing you to reap all the benefits from being active.
- Start Using Hot and Cold Therapy. Hot and cold therapy can do wonders for many types of traumas and disorders, but you need to know when to apply what. Different types of osteoarthritismay require a different approach, but you can use heat therapy when you wake up to reduce morning stiffness or go to bed to address any discomfort.
Cold therapy, on the other hand, is best for reducing swelling and alleviating pain. Remember not to apply ice directly to your skin to avoid any damage.
- Follow a Healthy Diet. A nutritious and balanced diet can help with almost any health disorder, and arthritis is no exception. Opt for a diet full of fruits, veggies, and whole grains to provide your body with a surge of precious vitamins and fiber. They will also provide you with antioxidants, which will fight the inflammation and its related symptoms.
On the other hand, make sure you skip foods and drinks with added sugar, processed meats, and saturated fats.
- Turmeric Exhibits Terrific Anti-Inflammatory Properties. Turmeric is a common spice that contains a ton of curcumin, which has significant antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects. Recent research shows curcumin can alleviate symptoms of arthritis and perhaps even benefit various autoimmune disorders.
You can try if it works for you by adding a pinch or two of turmeric to your food or tea along with some black pepper for better absorption.
- Opt for Regular Massages. Massage therapy is a centuries-old approach that shows a wide array of benefits. Apart from reducing stress and providing a sense of deep relaxation, regular massages can bring positives to various health conditions, including almost all forms of arthritis.
- Manage Your Weight. Obesity is a significant risk factor for numerous diseases, including diabetes, hypertension, and heart disorders.
Studies show that maintaining a healthy weight can also benefit individuals with various forms of arthritis. The extra pounds from being overweight can put significant pressure on your joints, especially on your knees and hips.
You can also opt for top-rated joint pain supplements, which can provide you with essential nutrients and beneficial herb extracts.
- Try Yoga and Mindfulness. Taking yoga classes can help you with reducing your arthritis symptoms by improving your balance, joint flexibility, and building muscle strength.
Also, yoga exhibits numerous other benefits, including significant stress relief, helping you sleep better, and boost your mood.On a side note, if you’re looking for joint pain supplements, make sure you check some Relief Factor reviews.
- Try Acupuncture. Acupuncture is another more non-conventional treatment method that can do wonders for many people experiencing arthritis symptoms.
Expert practitioners will stimulate your body’s energies using thin needles to restore its balance and relieve pain on top of numerous other benefits.
- Manage Existing Health Conditions. While not many medical conditions can influence your arthritis symptoms, it’s crucial to take care of them.
Also, consult with your doctor regarding your medications and ensure no drugs are interfering with each other.
How Joint Health Supplements Can Help You
Joint health supplements work by providing your body with natural research-backed ingredients that can lubricate your joints, promote cartilage health, and alleviate your symptoms. Nevertheless, many products may come with unproven claims, so you should always double-check your information.
If you’re looking for the perfect supplement, check out a few Relief Factor reviews online.
Arthritis is a common condition that can come in many shapes and prevent you from practicing your favorite daily activities.
Many drugs and supplements can provide significant pain relief and stiffness reduction. However, without proper lifestyle changes, you won’t be addressing the real causes behind your troubles.
Start organizing your efforts around these tips, and you’ll start noticing positive results in just a few weeks.