We love to pamper our furry companions. And, there is no better way to do it than by making them their very own one-of-a-kind toys.
If the hunt to find the best toy for your four-legged friend was unsuccessful, this article is tailored for you.
Wondering what toys can I make for my dog? Keep reading to discover five brilliant ideas to make the most suitable and dog-friendly toys, right from the comfort of your house.
Toys That You Can Make For Dogs
What toys can I make for my dog? How do I make one? Where do I source the materials for them? Are these questions running through your mind? If you scour through the internet, you will come across several toy options that are easy to build and will keep all your woes away.
To make it easier for you, we have listed the top 5 best dog toys that will keep your furry friend fascinated and busy for a long time. So what toys are good for dogs? Toys made with non-toxic materials are the best to keep your bored, anxious, or stressed dog busy for a couple of hours.
A Tennis Ball And T-shirt Toss Toy
So how do you make indestructible toys for dogs? You do not need expensive and fancy equipment to construct a worthy long-lasting toy for your dog. Here’s one that you can make with just three objects — a tennis ball, two t-shirts, and a pair of scissors. Create an awesome tennis ball and t-shirt toss toy that we are certain your dog lacks!
How to make it:
- Make 5 to 10 inches wide slits at the bottom of both the t-shirts.
- After making the slit, tear the t-shirt apart to get yourself different pieces of fabric strips.
- Take the strips, tie a knot on the ends of each strip, and then make a plait out of them.
- Create three separate plaits out of the torn t-shirt strips.
- Tie and secure one plait over the other two.
- Next, take your tennis ball and carefully make an incision on it.
- In the end, tightly push one of the strips inside the ball’s opening, and the final product is in your hands!
ALSO READ: Top Ways To Prep A Guest Room
A Goofy Alien Stuffie From Scraps
If you want to add a little bit of goofiness and excitement to your dog’s life, there is nothing better than creating a goofy alien stuffie from the scraps that lie around your house. The best thing about this toy project is that you don’t have to spend anything. What makes most DIY dog toys easy to build, like this one, is that you don’t need much to make them.
How to make it:
- Firstly, draw a rough pattern of the alien you would like to recreate as a stuffie.
- Collect all the scraps that you have in your house.
- Cut the scrap pieces according to the alien’s pattern that you want to follow. For example, if your alien has a body, cut all the required shapes like the face, legs, arms, and more.
- Sew the scrap pieces along the sides and the bottoms while leaving the top open.
- Before stitching the top, make sure to stuff every part of the alien toy.
- Once done, place all the different parts in position and pin them together.
A Chasin’ And Fetchin’ Toy
If your dog suddenly seems uninterested in the expensive dog toys you shower them with, it is time you replace it with an excellent old chase-and-fetch toy. Such toys are essential for your dog’s health, both mentally and physically.
If you include a game of chasing and fetching in your canine’s routine, you will help with their mental and cognitive growth.
You can use an old ball, a plush toy that hasn’t been used, a frisbee, or any other dog-friendly object lying around the house that is comfortable to throw and fetch.
If your dog likes squeaky toys, remove the squeaker from a worn out toy and stuff it along with some cotton into an old sock. Tie the sock and voila! You have a squeaky fetch toy ready!
An Indoor Frisbee Made Of T-shirts
You can now create an indoor frisbee for your furry friends to enjoy when they don’t have the luxury of playing outdoors. And the best part? It only takes a few minutes. A t-shirt frisbee is perfect for indoors where you have both breakable stuff and an overexcited, active dog.
Choose an old t-shirt that is made of thick and robust fabric. The frisbee should be able to tolerate all the frisky dog bites it may be subjected to. Don’t shy away from coloring and customizing the frisbee.
- Cut the fat fabric to make two large circles out of it. Ensure the two circles are connected on one side.
- Insert a batting circle in between the two pieces of fabric.
- Sew the two sides of fabric with the batting intact.
Your indoor frisbee is ready!
Diy Agility Jump
Agility training is vital and beneficial for your dog in the long run. You can exhaust any pent-up energy by building an agility jump course. The obstacles in an agility jump course help to challenge and motor your dog’s mind and keep their fitness and endurance in check.
You can buy a good agility jump course set for a mere $30 to $4 0that you can set up yourself at home. A good set will contain suitable PVC pipes, tapes, end caps, jump ropes, and all the materials that you will require.
After going through the instruction manual, assemble all the parts, and in no time, you’ll have a happy dog enjoying the course.
The joy and happiness that reflect on your dog’s face when they are surprised by a new toy are unmatchable. Making that extra effort just to show how much you love and care for your dog will be absolutely worth it in the end.