Ten facts about the ’10 Porsche Panamera
Since 2005, the German car company has been giving a sample of the upcoming Panamera, in tiny tidbits waiting for the final unveiling.
Well, wait no longer – Porsche has finally confirmed that it’s a go. And here are the best parts:
1. Regardless that its a full-sized sedan, drivers sit almost as low as in the classic version: the position of the steering wheel, pedals, and driver’s seat are akin to the sports car.
2. The roomy backseat provides enough body room for adults – not just pint-sized kids.
3. It includes the 4.8 litre v8 engine, mounted in the front with a seven-speed transmission.
4. The mid-level includes all-wheel drive alongside an aspirated engine, with 400 hp and 396 lb.-ft of torque.
5. The rear-wheel drive from the Panamera S is a step above the rest, taking about 5.6 seconds to reach 100 km/h.
6. The S also includes standard suspension with adjustable shocks, giving a natural, fluid ride.
7. It starts at $115, 100 for the S. The 4S ranks at $120, 300. The turbo at $155,000.
8. Engines include 4.8 L V8 (S), 4.8 L V8 (4S), and twin-turbocharged (turbo).
9. The power and torque delivers 400 hp/369 lb.-ft./-/ 500 hp/516 lb.-ft. respectively.
10. And gas wise? E.U. cycle combined 12.5/11.1/12.2 L/100 km (36.3/41/37 m.p.g.)
See more at porsche.com